Tuesday, October 12, 2010

November?

Our agency is starting to tell us that maybe, maybe, they hope, we'll receive a letter of invitation to travel at the end of this month. That would mean travel within 2 weeks, so early November. Yes! and Yikes! (but mostly yes!). I spent 1 1/2 hours tonight photocopying the paperwork we'll need to bring, and will likely spend as long organizing it so it's easy to retrieve each item when we get there. Just looking at it is a bit like re-living the whole process of preparing it. Ugh! Could be worse I suppose: I could be the person stuck reading it at the other end. Bo-oring!

Savannah's really talking about Tanje. I asked her how I would manage to carry her in my arms when Tanje arrives. Of course, she had a quick answer: one arm for Savannah, the other for Tanje, as she points to both sides, and grins ear to ear like a little pumpkin. What a character. Watch out Tanje! I'm sure you'll catch on quick however. Wonder who'll outfox who soon enough!

Tanje's room is now full of stuff, waiting to be packed. As for our trip to China, I'm feeling a bit disorganized at this stage, and feeling like the fix is to start putting things into suitcases. So that's the plan for this week and weekend. Even if I end up unpacking and reorganizing (which I likely will, to ensure things are distributed in a way that a lost suitcase won't matter), it'll still feel much better to have stuff in suitcases. So that's the plan! Any takers who want to help? : )

I just noticed today is 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days from the day we first saw Tanje's photo, and learned that we'd be her family (but who's counting, eh? Me!). Neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment